Specialty Research Areas:
- Systems integration and system architecture
- Task automation
- Distributed systems
- Web services
- Data quality and preparation for analysis
- User interfaces for decision making and policy analysis
- Near real-time systems
- Knowledge engineering and expert systems
Current or Recent Work:
- National Household Transportation Survey (NHTS, http://nhts.ornl.gov/)
- Fuel Economy Guide (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/) and Your MPG (https://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do)
- Tracking, Risk, Anomalies, Consequences, Communications (TRACC, https://webapp.ornl.gov/tracc/)
- Regional Studies Program (RSP, http://rsp.ornl.gov/)
Hu, P/S/, R/T/ Goeltz and R/L/ Schmoyer 2001. Proof of Concept of ITS as An Alternative Data Resource: A Demonstration Project of Florida and New York Data, ORNL/TM-2001/247.
Goeltz, R.T., S.L. Purucker and B.E. Tonn 1993. Analysis of Artificial Intelligence Applications for Celilo-Sylmar HVDC Intertie Operations, ORNL/CF-92/201.
Goeltz, R.T., et al. 1990. Bonneville Power Administration Communication Alarm Processor Expert System: Design and Implementation, ORNL/TM-11323.