Data, Statistical Analysis and Geo-Spatial Information Tools
The Center for Transportation Analysis does specialty research and development in Data, Statistical Analysis and Geo-Spatial Information Tools.
Effective and efficient management of our Nation's physical transportation infrastructure is crucial for sustaining and enhancing our Nation's economic competitiveness, and for ensuring the safe and free movement of people and goods on our Nation's transportation systems during either peace time or time of disaster. These missions can not be achieved without reliable, timely and accessible information on these systems. CTA conducts statistical analyses, examines the quality of data, identifies data requirements, collects data to meet information gaps, integrates data from multiple sources, advises on data programs, and develops analytical and information tools to support federal and state agencies in the planning, operation, management, and maintenance of our Nation's transportation systems.
- Applications of Archived ITS-Generated Data
- Costs and Effectiveness of Remotely Sensed Data
- Intermodal Bottleneck Identification and Evaluation
- National Personal Travel Statistics and Web Tools
- Programs to Improve Highway and Motor Carrier Safety
- Refinements to the Motor Fuels Data Program
- Transportation Energy and Environment Data
- Web Tools to Disseminate up-to-date Fuel Economy Information